Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day 1 Morning Pages - To Do List

I have so many FABULOUS ideas and have become very scatter-brained with my follow through. I want to read:
Atwell's workshop
Daniels' Lit Circles (again)

I want to find a definition for cooperative learning. It seems that different people interpret it in different ways. I need a definite place to start - if that makes any sense.

I need to re-do roles with just questions on them and add roles specifically made for traits and types of writing.

I am thinking that I want 'writing baskets' that include dictionary, thesaurus, roles, step up etc. for group writing.

I have to make a decision and interview/research these questions:
"Is it better to have homogeneous or heterogeneous groups for writing workshop?"
"Is the time spent prepping for workshops worth it?"

The data I have collected has been interesting. I am currently working on organizing student answers. Then I need to begin reviewing the student work I collected.

My goal for next year is to re-do some assignments in the beginning to incorporate literature circles. I believe that they will set the ground work for the connections I am trying to get my students to make.

No comments: